Our Eucharistic Adoration Chapel, located in St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Church is open for visitors to adore beloved Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, in the Most Blessed Sacrament of the Altar. Catholics and non-Catholics are welcome to stop in and pray during these hours:
Continuous Adoration Monday 7am through Wednesday 7pm
Thursday 7am – 7pm
Friday 7am – 7pm
The Chapel is closed during the evenings after 7 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and on weekends. On weekends it serves as the Cry Room during Masses. Adoration is also suspended during these holidays:
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
- Good Friday
What Is Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration?
Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration is a program where the Most Blessed Sacrament, our beloved Lord Jesus Christ, is placed in the Monstrance.
One person must remain at all times in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament exposed in the Monstrance.
Adorers receive many graces and answered prayers through their devotion to our beloved Lord Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament! Our Lord awaits us because He knows of our deep need for God’s love and salvation – a need that nothing and no one else can fulfill. Because Jesus can change our life in a brief moment, all are encouraged to come, adore, praise, and petition Our Savior.
Considerations for Adoration at SMMA:
- Wear a mask during your entire shift, unless the chapel is empty of other people. You can remove your mask if you’re alone.
- Due to social distancing, the chapel contains only a certain amount of seating. Please do not add/remove/or move chairs within the chapel.
- Sanitizing wipes and sanitizer is available in the chapel, along with Kleenex.
- An assortment of guided prayer cards and other religious reading is available to adorers.
- A phone is located in the Chapel library, located next to the chapel.
- Restrooms are available.
- Please be respectful of other adorers. No talking or audible music within the chapel.
- Do not open or close the blinds.
- Do not replace/touch the altar candles. This is handled by the Chapel Committee.
Time to plan for a return to overnight Eucharistic Adoration at SMMA!
The Adoration Committee is inviting all parishioners, especially previous overnight adorers, to sign up for one of the regular openings as we move toward resuming overnight adoration. We have Monday and Tuesday nights covered and will be looking to fill Wednesday and Thursday openings. If you are available to fill an opening from 7pm on Wednesday to 7am Thursday or 7pm Thursday to 7am Friday, please contact the Chapel Administrators below.
For questions or concerns, contact the 2021/2022 Chapel Administrators:
John and Linda Ederle at firstname.lastname@example.org or John at 314-584-9706 and Linda at 314-398-2307.
Chapel Committee for 2021/22:
- Flowers: Linda Steinway
- Bulletin Announcements: Mary Lou Frank
- Samuel Inameti
- Anne Hoffman
- Beth Vordtriede
- Rose Guarino
- Laura Ivy
- Linda Tensing
- Debbie Miller
- Rich Sartori
- Kathy Sartori
- John Ederle
- Linda Ederle